Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Zoo...Part 2

Hey Everyone, so this is Aubrie...the other half of this blog. I thought after having no supervision of what was said or what pictures was put on...that I would tweak or clarify some previous statements and pictures. So buckle up, here we go!

So we sat around wondering what to do on Monday and Mercedes enthusiastically proposed we go to the Zoo so we looked it up and off we went. It was an hour drive but lots of fun. So once we got there and realized it was -4,000 degress (ok, so I may be exaggerating a little) and that we were surrounded by families, old people or little kids...I was reconsidering our decision a little. But we went in and I realized we were going to be in for a fun day. (especially because it was covered in SNOW and so no animals were out :)

So as Mercedes said, we went to "Discovery Land" but sadly Mercedes was just a tad too tall to climb on the Jungle Gym.
"Oh, come on! I am only one head taller than the sign!"
But we did get the chance to take a ride on a Turtle. Mercedes and I raced them. We held on for dear life and it was a close race but I am happy to say I came in first :)

As you can tell...I am a PRO Turtle Racer!
This was Mercedes face as I passed the finish line.
And then we saw the elephants...well at least their skeletons. Mercedes was relieved to find out that her head is only 1/4 of the size of an elephant...especially her nose :)
"Profile Pic!" (Haha...get it?)
One of our inside jokes the whole day was, "A LLAMA! He's suppose to be dead!" ...From the Emperor's New Groove. But we inserted any animal that we found into that saying . It was quite funny...until we came to a real Llama, and then the joke lost its humor.
"Not Funny!'
We then visited one of my favorite parts of the Hogle Zoo. I remember vividly visiting this place as a child with my family and cousins. It was the bird atrium.
"DUCK!" "Where???" "...Oops, too late!" :)
Don't worry, we were only "dropped on" a couple of times. There was also a sloth in this building and so Mercedes and I tried out our "Sid the Sloth" voice impressions. It basically consisted of sticking our tongues our and spitting as we spoke. It was quite fun.
We then went and saw the Giraffes. Now, I always knew Mercedes was tall, but seriously, taller than a Giraffe!?! That is one tall chick!
Look Mom! I am taller than a Giraffe!
Thankfully I am only AS tall as the Giraffe
Now the main attraction at the zoo and the animal we were most dying to see would be that animal formally known as...the CAMEL! ...Ok, so maybe not. But we took a picture with them anyways!

Its Mercedes and Camella the Camel!
I was sad that the elephants were not out and so Mercedes was kind enough to pretend she was an Elephant for me, and believe me...I was fooled. Thanks Mercedes for your wonderful interpretation! ...She only frightened some of the children at the Zoo ;)
"Of course I am a real Elephant!"
One of the scariest moments of my trip to the zoo was when I rode a boat in a lake infested with sharks...yeah, talk about scary. But don't worry. I made it out alive and came out missing only a couple of my limbs! Whew!
"Ahhhh! It's JAWS!"
Mercedes was so in love with the Zoo by the end of the day that she actually turned into an Ape. Believe me, it was quite frightening for all of us there and the Zoo Keepers tried to keep her from leaving but she put up a good fight and we escaped!
"Just Monkey-ing Around!"
Ok, so...I am now going to admit something quite embarrassing that Mercedes and I debated putting up but here it goes. So you were probably wondering...why would they wear skirts to the Zoo, in the snow, when it is freezing outside. Well, see...we decided to kind of dress up as animals. Yes, its true (but not in the way that my mom or Aaron thought that involved furry ears or face paint, it was more subtle). So here are some pictures of us. Can you guess which animal we dressed up as?
Nope...she's not a Zebra, guess again.
Nope...not a hippo. Try Again.
Yep...A FLAMINGO!
Now...mine is a little harder to guess because I don't have a specific animal "position" that I am known for like Mercedes, so just try to guess (and not laugh).
Clue: I am black and white
Clue: I have black around my eyes...
I am a PANDA BEAR! ...kind of. 

Here is a better idea of what we were suppose to represent. We had to use stuffed animals since our real animals were not at the Zoo :(
Flamingo, get it?
Can you see the Panda resemblance now???
Well...as you can tell, we had a great time at the Zoo. As I sign off I will leave you with just a few more pictures. We just LOVE being roommates :)
Yep...we're dorks!
Roomie Love!
AUBRIE

1 comment:

  1. BHahaha Gilmore end theme is what came up when I clicked on this page. You guys are awesome! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete